White Palace Marghazar Swat Pakistan.
سفید محل سوات پاکستان
The White Palace of Marghazar was built in 1940 by the first king of Swat, Miangul Abdul Wadud (Badshah Sahib) in the small town of Marghazar situated at about 13 kilometers away from Saidu Sharif. The name was given to the palace as it was built of white marble. The palace now serves as a hotel. The White Palace at Marghazar was the summer residence of the Wali of Swat, Miangul Jehanzeb. Located at 7,000 feet above sea level on Marghazar Hill, it was later converted into a tourist resort.
The greenery of gorgeous landscape persuaded King of Swat Miangul Abdul Wadud (Badshah Sahib) in 1935 to build a summer resort here. The King brought marble from Agra, bronze from Belgium and artisans from Turkey who designed and constructed the palace, completing it in 1941. It was first named Swatti Taj Mahal, later Motti Mahal and now Sufed Mahal (White Palace). Then it was enriched with selective fauna and flora that made it a mini zoo as well as mini botanical garden.